When using our SaaS solution to perform IT Asset Management or Software License Management, we can (and often do) use any auto-discovery system you already have installed. iQuate, Altiris, SCCM, Landesk, Marimba … even home-grown discovery systems. If it can produce a CSV file or if it stores its data in a Microsoft SQL server, we can take information from it. However, if you don’t already have auto-discovery, we also offer our SaaS auto-discovery platform – the Workstation Data Assistant (WDA).
We offers two forms of auto-discovery: an agent-based module called Workstation Data Assistant (WDA) and an agentless scanner that is optimized for Microsoft SQL server. The agentless scanner is actually a module of the WDA.
Auto-discovery modules are managed directly from our primary Software as a Service (SaaS) offering called the Management Information Exchange (MIE).
- WDA scheduler allows flexibility in scheduling various workstation tasks to run
- Scan module discovers ISO-19770-2 compliant software tags
- Can be used to distribute and install software
- Integrated with ESI’s workflow module, allowing workflow-initiated software installations
- Scan module performs both hardware and software auto-discovery
- SQL scan module performs network scans of installed SQL servers using WMI queries.
- Usage monitor module allows watching and reporting on both passive and active usage patterns.
- Allows sending push notifications to individual workstations.
- Run-once tasks allow non-scheduled tasks to be performed on targeted workstations.
- Self-updating – new versions of WDA modules are installed using the WDA itself.
- Operates over the internet – both internal and external.
- No special ports to open – all traffic is over the secure https (port 443) channel.